Download version 2.1.3 now!
Mac OS 10.4 or newer is required to use version 2.1.3.
Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) users, click here to download PowerController 1.3.1! (473 KB)
Mac OS 10.2 (Jaguar) users, click here to download PowerManager 1.0b4! (353 KB)
PowerController is an iTunes alarm clock. It is easily configured via System Preferences and offers the following features:
Read the glowing reviews!
- Integrates with iTunes
- Plays any playlist you have created in iTunes
- Sets the initial system volume and iTunes volume at your desired level
- Gradually increases volume for soothing wake experience
- Wakes your computer from sleep
- Shuts off your alarm if you don't dismiss it after a designated time period (so that your neighbors don't call the police when you go away for vacation!)
- Unlimited number of alarms
- PowerController runs in the background -- there is no application hogging Dock space
- Alarms never need to be rescheduled, even across reboots!
- Customizable snooze time
- Unlike other apps, you don't need to enter an administrative password every time you want to set an alarm
- Optional menu bar item allows easy access to info about scheduled events
- Schedule sleep and wake events for your Mac without an iTunes alarm
- Unrestricted free 30 day trial
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.2 or later.
Screen Shots: (Click thumbnails for full-size images)
You may try PowerController for free with absolutely no restrictions for 30 days. After the trial period, you are requested to pay $9.95. To register, simply open PowerController in System Preferences and click the Register button. By registering, you will help ensure that this wonderful program continues to be improved in the future! PowerController comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.
- Main Window: The main PowerController window allows you to view existing events, create new events, edit events or delete events. By clicking the checkbox next to an event in the 'On' column, you may temporarily disable (or re-enable) an event without deleting the item.
- Editor Window (Basic Info tab): The Basic Info tab of the Event Editor window allows you to select the type of PowerController event and the time and days on which the event will occur.
- Editor Window (Options tab): The Options tab for an iTunes alarm allows you to fully customize your iTunes alarm. You can separately indicate the initial system volume and initial iTunes volume. You may choose to have the iTunes volume increased gradually for a more soothing waking experience, and you can set the maximum iTunes volume that will be reached. A maximum alarm duration can also be set, and if you do not dismiss the iTunes alarm within the indicated timeframe PowerController will automatically stop playing music in iTunes.
- Menubar Item: A PowerController status item may optionally be kept in your system menubar. The menubar item gives you quick access to information about the next scheduled event and lets you verify which events are enabled or disabled without opening System Preferences. The menubar item also contains a shortcut to the PowerController pane in System Preferences, thereby allowing you to make changes quickly and easily.
For a limited time, students may purchase PowerController for just $4.95 via the
Collegiate Coupons Promotion!
Version History: View the change log for PowerController, the iTunes alarm clock.